Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Progress!

I have been sick for the past couple of days which means I have had time to lay here and dream up my railroad! I have continued looking into the Port Siding area and I still feel that it will be a much more exciting area for me to model.  I was able to come up with a track plan that includes three industries that I want to model:


I was also able to find more aerial imagery thanks to Bing Maps...such a great tool for at home RR research!

Starting with what I am going to call Kurtz Bros. Gravel (for now, until I figure out what it really was) you can see the empty hoppers that I think were loaded by front loader.


It looks like OHCR stores random cars on these support tracks too.  I would guess that these came from Magnum and Heartland up the way.





Here again you can see a randomly placed boxcar.


Moving to Magnum Drywall you can see where they unload the hoppers and load finished products on to centerbeam flatcars.  I have yet to see a car spotted on the southern track so I am assuming that it is just used for switching purposes within Magnum.





Finally, here are a couple shots of Hearland Petroleum including one from when it was under construction, pretty neat!




No comments:

Post a Comment