Sunday, January 27, 2013

Update 1/27/2013

I got a lot accomplished on the RR this weekend and actually was able to start test running some trains. I completed my first handlaid turnout and I am pleased to say that it operates flawlessly!  I have never seen a commercial turnout work anywhere near as smooth as this, definitely makes all of the hard work worth it!


Here's a shot of the turnout in the works:

Both  point rails in testing the frog and the straight route:

My NS D8-40CW (An MTH model) on some fresh rail:

Turnout complete:

Added Caboose Hobbies Ground throws I am using HO scale throws as they are smaller (more to scale) and I have a lot of them:

I have been adding some extra bolt detail to the frog area of the turnout:

EX-CR passes an abandoned signal tower just North of Columbus. The turnout is aligned for the diverging route down the 2nd Ave. Industrial Lead.








No comments:

Post a Comment