Saturday, November 24, 2012

The 2nd Ave Industrial Lead

Well after further digging and research I was able to find a lot of great information about my prototype location. Using this information I have been able to really understand the prototype which is helping me design the new layout.

I now know that the area I am modeling is known as the 2nd ave Industrial Lead.  It is located close to The Ohio State Fairgrounds.  There are many industries that were and still are served off of this line and I am working on deciding which ones I want to model.

Here is a track diagram from Conrail which was revised in 1984.
Here is a listing of this zone:
So far the most interesting industries I have found are Columbus Coated Fabric and 5th Ave. Lumber.  These two will definitely be modeled on my RR.  I am also thinking about Cottingham paper amongst others.  I am trying to get the greatest variety of rolling stock from the fewest number of industries as I can.  I am going to keep digging to find 3 more industries that I really like giving me a total of 5.  Look for my next post to have a list of the industries I choose....

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment